There are many books that can be referred for better GRE/GMAT preparation. Here we have tried to make the task of our learners simpler by providing them with the reviews of certain books for there studies (this page is constantly upgraded).
Book Review of some books related to GRE/GMAT:
- How To Read Better & Faster by Norman Lewis – How To Read Better And Faster is a book that teaches reading techniques to its readers – techniques that can help them increase their reading speed and retention. This is a book that teaches readers not just how to read faster, but also techniques that can help them retain what they have read. Speed reading techniques are not just about counting how many words an individual can read in a minute. To actually read something states that it is important that the person understands what is being read. How To Read Better And Faster by Norman Lewis is based on the premise that one s reading speed is linked to concentration and retention. One cannot happen without the other. So, if a person s reading speed increases, a significant increase in his concentration and powers of retention should also be noted. The book shows readers some practical ways in which they can increase their reading speed. It contains exercises that can be practiced to achieve an increase in ones reading speed. It defines goals and shows the reader different ways in which he can achieve those goals. This approach makes it easy for the reader to apply the skills taught in the book and check the results. Increasing one s reading speed can be helpful in many situations – for students who are going through a lot of study material to prepare for their exams, for business executives who have to go through a lot of notes and reports in a day, for researchers who have to go through piles of reference material, and the list goes on. The book even teaches readers how to look at a page and take in the main points, and how to build their reading vocabulary. Regardless of whether the reader just wants to scan a newspaper faster, finish a novel in a few hours, or go through huge amounts of reference material faster, this book is always useful.
- Barron’s New GRE – Covers every aspect of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). The quantitative Section consists of MCQs and comparison questions. There are the two new additions to this section. One is numeric entry questions which do not come with the usual answer choices. Another is a multiple choice question which can have more than one correct answer. In the verbal reasoning part, reading comprehension questions might have more than a single correct answer. In the sentence completion test, there are two new types of questions. Sentence equivalence questions might have two correct answers, and the test taker must select both of them. Text completion questions, which can now be more complex, might now require the test taker to fill in more than one blank. The book also includes a diagnostic test & two full length model papers. The CD ROM also includes two extra practice papers.
- Manhattan Prep GRE Set of 8 Strategy Guides – Developed by Manhattan Prep’s high-caliber GRE instructors, the 3rd edition GRE strategy guides have been updated to provide students with in-depth instruction in the test’s principal content areas.
Written by Manhattan Prep’s 99th percentile GRE instructors, these strategy guides contain detailed lessons and strategies for question formats that will appear on the revised GRE.
Included in this all-in-one set are books devoted to each of the test’s major content areas, including Algebra; Fractions, Decimals, & Percents; Geometry; Number Properties; and Word Problems. The Quantitative Comparisons & Data Interpretation guide provides students the understanding necessary to attack each of these unique question types. For the verbal section, the Text Completion & Sentence Equivalence guide provides a comprehensive approach to the GRE’s vocabulary questions, while the Reading Comprehension & Essays guide equips students with the critical tools and strategies needed to master these portions of the test.
- Manhattan GMAT set of 8 strategy Guides – Developed by Manhattan GMAT’s high-caliber instructors, these 8 volumes offer students a competitive edge by providing in-depth instruction in the test’s principal content areas.
The 8 Manhattan GMAT Strategy Guides (5 Quantitative, 3 Verbal) are the heart of our curriculum. Our 5 Quantitative Strategy Guides provide in-depth instruction in the GMAT’s principal quantitative content areas: Number Properties, Fractions, Decimals, & Percents, Word Translations, Equations, Inequalities, & VIC’s, and Geometry. Our 3 Verbal Strategy Guides provide in-depth instruction in the GMAT’s principal verbal content areas: Sentence Correction, Critical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension.
Included in this set are: The Critical Reasoning Guide (200 pages; ISBN: 0-9824238-0-2); The Equations, Inequalities, & VICs Guide (192 pages; ISBN: 0-9824238-1-0); The Fractions, Decimals, & Percents Guide (112 pages; ISBN: 0-9824238-2-9); The Geometry Guide (112 pages; ISBN: 0-9824238-3-7); The Number Properties Guide (160 pages; ISBN: 0-9824238-4-5); The Reading Comprehension Guide (152 pages; ISBN: 0-9824238-5-3); The Sentence Correction Guide (288 pages; ISBN: 0-9824238-6-1); The Word Translations Guide (176 pages; ISBN: 0-9824238-7-X).
The content of this set is aligned to the latest Official Guides from GMAC (12th edition). Purchase of this set includes one year of access to Manhattan GMAT’s online practice exams and question banks.
- Kaplan GRE – It is a comprehensive prep system that includes both book and online components. Get access to in-depth strategies, test information, and practice questions to help students score higher on the GRE. It contains 1,800+ total practice questions with detailed explanations, covering the revised and expanded Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical Writing Assessment Test sections, and strategies for all the question types you’ll encounter on Test Day. It also comes with a digital copy of the book and study plans to help you make the most of your time preparing for the GRE.
Our University Selection Tool for GRE:
UNIVERSITY SELECTION TOOL
Contact Us: email@example.com